Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Gumbo Justice at Maple Street Book Shop in New Orleans

I was surprised to see my book, Gumbo Justice, in a local book store in N.O., Maple Street Book Shop, 7523 Maple Street. I had no idea any of the local stores were carrying it, except for the westbank Barnes and Noble which I was aware. Hopefully, more local stores will carry it to support a local author.

It may not seem like much, but I've already had two people who said they would buy it from Maple Street now that it was available. A lot of people still do not order on the internet, or don't like Amazon or Barnes and Noble online for some reason. Since my wreck last year, I buy a lot of my stuff online because I'm not driving yet and it is difficult for me to get around still, so I guess I can't relate to not wanting to online shop.

So now I'll get out to some more local book stores and see if I can convince them to carry my novel.

No comments: